ITC Outdoor First Aid Emergency Action course
1 day (8 hours): Level 3
This course covers the management of a wide range of emergency situations and is suitable for workers in remote and rural settings. The course meets the requirements of the Institute for Outdoor Learning Statement of Good Practice for Outdoor First Aid Training Framework at Band 2.
If you are looking for a course suitable for maintaining most NGB awards then you may prefer to look at our 2 day Outdoor First Aid course (SCQF L5).
The course includes:
- Basic life support
- Using an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- Care of the unconscious casualty
- The secondary survey
- Breathing disorders and choking
- Severe bleeding & shock
- Fractures, dislocations
- Head injury
- Heart conditions
- Seizures and epilepsy
- Hypothermia and heat stroke
- HSE regulations and record keeping
- Duration: 8 hours over 1 day
- Maximum number of delegates: 12
To book this course contact us to run a course for your group or company at your own venue. Cost: £250 for up to 6 persons; £400 for up to 12 persons.