ITC Outdoor First Aid course
2 days (16 hours): SCQF Level 6
This course deals with a wide range of all the first aid emergencies you may be faced with when outdoors, on expeditions, in remote locations or when doing adventurous activities. The emphasis is very hands-on, and the focus on dealing with situations in the real world. We hope that you will come away from this course with much greater confidence and ability to deal expertly with first aid situations until the ambulance or other medical help arrives, including in remote situations where help may be some time in arriving.
The course includes:
- Basic life support
- Using an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- Care of the unconscious casualty
- The secondary survey
- Breathing disorders and choking
- Severe bleeding & shock
- Treatment of specific major and minor injuries
- Fractures, dislocations, strains & sprains including splints
- Head injury
- Spinal injury
- Heart conditions
- Shock and fainting
- Allergies and anaphylaxis
- Seizures and epilepsy
- Hypothermia and heat stroke
- Lyme disease, Weil’s disease
- HSE regulations and record keeping
- Duration: 16 hours over 2 days
- Maximum number of delegates: 12
Courses at your venue
Contact us to run a course for your company at your own venue. Maximum 12 delegates, minimum 2 delegates.
Cost: £500 for up to 6 persons, £800 for up to 12 persons.
Forthcoming dates in Over Stowey:
The location for the following Outdoor First Aid courses is Over Stowey, Somerset. The courses start at 9.00am each day.
- 26-27 September 2019
- 7-8 November 2019
- 7-8 December 2019