Paediatric First Aid course
12 hours (2 days)
This paediatric first aid course focuses on the situations and conditions most likely to be of relevance to those working with young children – and in particular teachers, nursery staff, child-minders and play group leaders. It also meets the requirements of the Early Years foundation stage statutory framework. This course has plenty of hand-on practice and is aimed at giving you the confidence to recognise and manage a wide range of emergencies until the ambulance or other medical help arrives as well as dealing with the more day to day situations that you may be faced with.
This is a 2 day course. No previous training or qualifications are necessary.
The course includes:
- Basic life support
- Using an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- Care of the unconscious child
- Breathing disorders and choking
- Shock and fainting
- Seizures and epilepsy
- Severe bleeding
- Treatment of specific major and minor injuries
- Fractures, dislocations, strains & sprains
- HSE regulations and record keeping
- Duration: 12 hours over 2 days
- Maximum number of delegates: 12
Courses at your venue
Contact us to run a course for your company at your own venue. Maximum 12 delegates. Cost: £500 for up to 6 delegates, £800 for up to 12 delegates.
Forthcoming dates in Taunton
The location for all the courses below is in Taunton, Somerset. The courses start at 9.00am each day.
- 30-31 March 2017
- 18-19 May 2017
- 14-15 September 2017