Paediatric First Aid course
6 hours (1 day)
This paediatric first aid course focuses on the situations and conditions most likely to be of relevance to those working with young children – for Nannies who wish to join the voluntary part of the Ofsted Childcare Register (OCR), Au Pairs, Babysitters, Parents, and anybody who cares for children and needs a basic paediatric first aid course.
This course has plenty of hand-on practice and is aimed at giving you the confidence to recognise and manage a wide range of emergencies until the ambulance or other medical help arrives as well as dealing with the more day to day situations that you may be faced with.
This is a 1 day course. No previous training or qualifications are necessary.
The course includes:
- Basic life support
- Using an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)
- Care of the unconscious child
- Breathing disorders and choking
- Shock and fainting
- Seizures and epilepsy
- Severe bleeding
- Treatment of specific major and minor injuries
- Fractures, dislocations, strains & sprains
- HSE regulations and record keeping
- Duration: 6 hours over 1 days
- Maximum number of delegates: 12
Courses at your venue
Contact us to run a course for your company at your own venue. Maximum 12 delegates. Cost: £250 for up to 6 delegates, £400 for up to 12 delegates.
Forthcoming dates for open courses in Taunton
The location for all the courses below is in Taunton, Somerset. The courses start at 9.00am each day.
- We do not currently have any forthcoming dates for open courses, however if you would like to book a bespoke course we would be delighted to arrange one for your group.